1. Claim your hackpack
Claim your hackpack by texting your
SIGNAL(744625). Your hackpack is now linked to your phone number.
2. Make your mark
Your hackpack has the power to place a custom block on the large display in the Hack Lounge.
After you’ve claimed your hackpack, plug it into the console to place your block on the screen. Your block will be identified by your
3. Get creative
Texting commands to
SIGNAL(744625)will affect your block on the display. For example:
TIP: If you’re having trouble getting your commands to complete, try moving to a different location where cell signal may be stronger.
- Color #f22f46
- Block turns red TIP: Maybe ‘palegoldenrod’ or ‘steelblue’ are more your flavor. Your Hackpack understands HEX codes & CSS colors.
- Move 20, 15
- Places your block 20 spaces to the right and 15 spaces down. TIP: ‘Move’ command takes (x,y) coordinates.
- Brightness 10%
- Changes the brightness of your block to 10%
- Animate chase
- Animates the LEDs on your hackpack in a chase sequence. TIP: Try sending ‘block’, ‘fade’,’custom’.
- Finds your block on the display
4. Test the limits
Find out what else your Hackpack is capable of.
Claim the Particle Electron that drives your Hackpack and modify the firmware to customize both your Hackpack cartridge and your block on the Hack Lounge display.
Team up with other SIGNAL attendees to combine blocks and draw a larger image on the screen.